1. What is electromagnetic radiation?
Electromagnetic radiation or EMR is electrically charged particles and uncharged magnetic forces.
2. What is frequency a measure of?
Frequency is a measure of a certain number of crests passing a certain point in a second. Then measurement is in Hertz.
3. What frequency range does “shortwave” fall into?
100 kHz LF 3’000 m
Study this radio spectrum allocation chart closely. Using it as a guide, draw an electromagnetic spectrum that includes 20 radio communication services within the Medium Frequency, High Frequency and Very High Frequency ranges (you will need to zoom in).
20 MF, HF, VHF radio communications (between 300 kHz – 300 MHz) services:
- Aeronautical Radionavigation
- Aeronautical Mobil
- MARITME MOBILE
- Brodcasting (AM radio)
- Land mobile
- AERONAUTICAL MABILE (R)
- SPACE RESEARCH
- STANDARD FREQ
- RADIO ASTRONOMY
- BROADCASTING (TV CHANNELS 2-4)
- Radio location
- MOBILE SATELLITE
- AREONAUTICAL RADIONAVIGTION
- RADIONAVIGATION SATELLITE
- METEOROLOGATION AIDS
- Meteorological Satellite (S-E)